Saturday, April 18, 2015

Speed Playing and Pumpkin Cake

My heart skips a beat. My brain can’t stop thinking. I am in the middle of Digital Single Lens Reflex Trance. Less than 2 weeks using DSLR but I wanted to try any kind of action I couldn’t shot when I was using handphone camera. I know I am exaggerate this, over confident while the basic rules of aperture still out of my mind, but who cares? I just wanna get some fun using this camera :D :D :D

Bought a cheap tripod days ago, and I just can’t help myself not to try The Milk Splash….

quite happy with this, although it has no concept at all :D


The Failed Strawberry Levitation…

Focus, please!


The Fall of Yolk and White…

Big homework: how to minimize the shiny stainless steel


and The Sugar Dusting..

Watched the LCD look ok, but when i transfer this into PC, holly molly, it's missed focus!



I love playing with speed and capturing moments. I don’t know whether this photograph is a part of Food Photography or not. And despite the failed, missed focus, the blurry object, the shining props which beat the hero, there’s nothing wrong in exploring things, rite?


And oh, if you wonder what did I make when I photograph myself cracked an egg, this is the answer.

Super Moist Pumpkin Cake

Short to short, I’ve been making this pumpkin cake maybe a dozen. It’s moist (thanks to 300 gr pumpkin puree versus only 175 gr flour) and so pumpkin-y! Another must try recipe for anyone whose longing for pumpkin!


Pumpkin Cake
Source: Mbak Hesti

Ingredients:
6 egg yolks
4 whites (me: 5 eggs)
200 gr castor sugar
1 tsp emulsifier (skip)
175 gr cake flour (me: plain flour)
1/2 tsp baking powder (skip)
25 gr milk powder (skip)
300 gr pumpkin puree
75 gr margarine + 75 gr butter, melted (me: 100gr margarine, 50 gr vegetable oil)

Pre heat the oven 180 Celcius. Butter the pan (I used 20 cm diameter pan and 10cm diameter mini pan).
Shift the flour, baking powder and milk powder in a bowl, set aside.
Beat the eggs, sugar and emulsifier until light and fluffy, mix in the flour mixture, followed by the pumpkin puree.
Fold in butter mixture, then pour the batter into prepared pan, bake for 35 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.




missed focus, have to learn more about manual focus, its darn hard!



2 comments:

  1. Ki, ga pake baking powder tetep ngembang ya cakenya. Mau ah nyoba karena dah mulai musim labu kuning lagi.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. tetep ngembang kok, ini punyaku ga pake baking powder, cuma emang lbh berat dikit :D

      Delete